Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mike Huckabee Won't Run for President in 2012

Mike Huckabee
After months of speculation, the former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee, who ran for president in 2008, announced on Saturday his Fox News program that he did not attach the second run for President in 2012.

Mike Huckabee said that while on paper seems to have reached a number of obstacles candidates face, his moments of personal reflection and prayer, he came to understand the campaign was not God's will.

"I am a believer and follower of Jesus Christ and this relationship is much more important to me than any political office," said Huckabee. "To me, the discussion and the decision is ultimately a political rather economic, not even a convenience - it is spiritual. "

Consultations with Christ that Huckabee to his final decision: does not work.

"In recent weeks, external signs and signals and answer many of the barriers that militate strongly against the run," he said. "And when I have people who encourage me to run, it is easy to feel strength of their partnership and willingness to help me finish. But only when I was alone in the quiet and reflective moments, I had the brightness, but not only inner peace inexplicable -. A peace that passes human understanding "

"All the factors that will tell, but my heart says no," he said.

Huckabee was one of the pioneers in the 2012 Republican presidential candidate - often leads to other potential Republican presidential candidate, national and regional polls.

His statement, Huckabee said speculation surrounding his potential candidacy. His explanation, it is time to understand why even the inner circle Huckabee does not know which direction he would go, as Huckabee said he would not be completed until recently.

Even with the announcement he had made a decision, his entourage just have to guess the outcome thereof.

"Not even my executive producer on," Huckabee said on "O'Reilly Factor" on Friday evening.

He kept alive the enthusiasm with an email sent to advisers Friday, which was obtained by Time magazine, to warn them of his message.

"Many friends have said," how can we help you decide? "My answer was always," Pray for me clarity, "he writes." And I will share on Saturday evening during the show. Be patient if I do not respond directly to an e-mail because I expect that when I pull the trigger Saturday night, things become even more fragile, as if it is possible. "

Now the conversation shifts to who gets the note field Huckabee.

Watch the video:



Source: dailycaller.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

All About Photos